Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Sagrada Familia's Passion Facade, Barcelona.


Longinus, Barcelona, originally uploaded by - di.

I loved this sculpture and photographed it in different light while I was in Barcelona.

I read what Josep Maria Subirachs had to say of it in his book and found this: Longinus, a Christian martyr from the 1st origin and of Isaurian origin, is identified as the soldier who plunged his spear into Jesus'side and later converted to Christianity.

We see him on horseback, plunging his spear into the right side of the Temple's façade, which Jesus is identified with (John 19,34).

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

very interesting sculpture, all kinds of cool angles

Di Mackey said...

I thought so but then there was the light. I caught it morning, noon and late afternoon (when it was orange).