Thursday, November 27, 2008

Amsterdam Tomorrow

The call came and I'm off to learn all about the photography project that will take me through the Middle East in the months ahead.

I'll be visiting places I've read about ... Beirut, Tehran, East Jerusalem and Cairo, a place I have passed through on my way home ... Dubai and that place where I lived for a while ... Istanbul.

To see them from the angle I'll be working from will be truly superb and to be creating the record of a journey towards a spectacular exhibition in Berlin is a little bit of a dream come true ... if I had known to dream that particular dream.

7 comments:

A said...

Sound amazing Di!

"trip will take me through the Middle East in the months ahead":

for how long will you be traveling
the Middle East this winter?

furiousBall said...

wow, i can't wait to see these pictures! safe travels amiga and a happy thanksgiving from this american :)

Di Mackey said...

It does, doesn't it Peter. I find out the details tomorrow. I'll let you know over coffee next week ... I'm sorry to keep putting this off and I look forward to catching up with you xo

Happy Thanksgiving to you too, Van. I hope your day went as you hoped. As for the pictures, I'm hoping for some magic, so let's see how it goes.

Anonymous said...

That is fantastic, Di! Can't wait to travel with you on your adventure via your pictures!

Anonymous said...

if i had known to dream this dream

yes

Nihal said...

I'm sure it will be an exciting and fruitful trip, Di. Middle East, a real blend of culture and long history that I've not been to yet. I'll become N'riched by looking thru your little space:)
Your amazing shots.. all your art of observation, and I like it.
Smiling howdy from sunny bright Ist'l:) Hope to see you again at CrossRoads.

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Van. You know, in Amsterdam on Friday, the artist, philosopher, wise-man we were meeting, arrived on a bicycle (of course) and how I wished for my camera. I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of images come from this adventure too.

And I shall take up the challenge and see if I can do postcards from these places, RD ... :)

Indeed, Ms V. :)

Hi Nihal. I was so delighted to find your blog and now here you are. And thank you for your kind words :)