Thursday, February 28, 2008

Exhausted by BBC's Masterchef.

Gert and I just sat through the finals of BBC's Masterchef and it has really been one of those series where these last few shows have been nailbiting ... and I'm not a foodie.

The talent and development of that talent was stunning.

The final 3 amateur chefs were set tasks like catering for a wedding party of 120 in Blenheim Palace and then, same day, cooking for 9 of the world's top chefs.

They were flown to South America to cook for the army in the most primitive of conditions and sent to Michelin restaurants to cook not only for the clients but they were then set the task of cooking each of the restaurant's signature dish for the owner.

We survived the viewing, absolutely delighted James won, wishing there was a way he could have shared the top prize with 19 year old Emily too.

Ufff! If you have the opportunity to catch up with Masterchef 2008, you might want to check it out ... writes the non-foodie creature.

4 comments:

The Littons said...

It's a fun show, although I have to admit that the two presenters annoy the hell out of me.

Di Mackey said...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmm they must appeal to women more? ;)

Anonymous said...

Damn, I missed the final. If I had known, I would've watched.
I knew Emily would do well, when I saw her for the first time. I'm not too sure who that James character is, though. :)

Di Mackey said...

The blonde guy who used to be a lawyer, tight blonde curly hair :)