Friday, November 02, 2007

Reasons For Wine

Apparently Gert has a secret list titled 'All the wrong reasons to drink wine'.

But I'm almost sure that I'm right with my reasoning ...

For example, tonight I read the latest news from yet another blogger I read regularly and like everyone else in the world at the moment, she's traveling.

She's in Italy.

Erin is walking the Camino de Santiago.

Frida's been having an incredible time in America, as did Susannah.

And there are all the bloggers who are making a new life in Italy ...

I'm not traveling and I believe this is a very good reason for opening a bottle of red on a Friday night here in Belgie.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well put your wine glass down because I'm going nowhere--except to bed--and so you have no excuse to drink. You do, however, have permission to indulge in a little WHINE.

Anonymous said...

I'm not traveling either these days Di (well, I did move 8 feet into a huge MRI :-), but really, I kow the feeling.

Most of my former diving buddies are celebrating in Hurghada, Egypt tonight.

Let's open a bottle and forget foggy Antwerp, dreaming about all those great places we will visit again one day.

Di Mackey said...

Nope ... ignored the H and carried on. It's a nice little Australian red and I'm traveling a little ;)

Di Mackey said...

Da we ze nog lang neuge neuge, Peter.

Anonymous said...

LOL - although I grew up in a family that spoke "Standard Dutch", this is sooo funny: reading a Kiwi posting in the local Antwerp Dutch dialect :-))

Integrated? 1,000 % !

Di Mackey said...

Ahhh, dank u wel ;)

erin said...

Hi Di! Thanks for the link and your recent comments :) Well, we have lots of wine here if you ever want to visit! ...btw, your photos are bellissima!

Di Mackey said...

Grazie guys, and the link is a pleasure as I do believe you have already become a regular read on my blog list.

You have a lovely blog and I really enjoyed your photographs.

There are 100s of Belgian beers over this way, should you ever find yourself in Antwerp and in need some bloggy place to stay ... although after a series of very grey days, I can't imagine anyone wanting to come in to join us on our plunge into winter.