Thursday, November 15, 2007

A morning spent on task and working ....

I've spent the morning up in that cosy little attic room working ... marvelling over how much simpler it is to work when I'm not connected to the internet.

To connect I have to stop working and come down 3 flights of stairs.
So I think about why I want to wander downstairs and mostly I simply can't justify it.

However I'm not sure I'll move out ... I don't know how to break this to everyone involved but it's lovely here. Last night, after long and interesting conversations there may have been a bit of an impromptu midnight feast involving snack food and a delicious Californian red wine, and then this morning began with bacon, eggs, toast and a huge cup of tea.

Alles goed in this American-held territory here in Belgium.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mm, bacon and eggs and toast. It's been a while since I ate those foodlike substances. Good to see you enjoying yourself in the capital.

Di Mackey said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm it was goed! Manic.

I worked all day today and just for a change, it wasn't working all day on the photographs :)

Anonymous said...

I don't think you should move out either. The attic room is better with you in it. We can get a softer mattress!

Anonymous said...

Well, rooms do tend to improve when you fill them with creative people ;-)

Enjoy yourselves!

Di Mackey said...

A softer mattress ... oh lordy, that is so tempting. Gert might be a little cross though.

Creative people ... bedankt Peter :)
I did enjoy myself, she's a fabulous cook and teller of stories.