Thursday, November 01, 2007

Neil, the Guru writes ...

We laughed — we laughed for a very long time. (Women, write this down. It doesn’t matter the size of your boobs or what type of nail polish you wear. If you can make a man laugh, you’ve won him.)
Neil, Citizen of the Month Blog

I read this aloud to Gert, asking if it was true.
He thought for a while and said, 'I think there's a big chunk of truth in that'.

'Am I funny?
You are, he replied. He added, 'Sometimes too funny for your own good.'
Is that because I'm winning?
No. I think he said that too fast.
Why then? I don't know what too far would be.
I noticed that, he replied.

I'm amusing.
That's all I really needed to know, anything more might involve some kind of conscious responsibility on my part and I do believe that would interfere with the 'funny'.

5 comments:

Neil said...

I mean all men like boobs, and all the good stuff that makes a woman, but you also have to talk to this person every once in a while, and who wants to be with someone who doesn't have a sense of humor?

Anonymous said...

Di,

You're amusing AND you have big boobs. This is an unbeatable combination.

Sadly, the only person who doesn't seem to find me amusing is my own husband. He just thinks I'm weird--and often inappropriate. Sigh.

Di Mackey said...

Hmmm, so you're telling me not to rely on my amusing side if I want to hold a man's interest, Neil?

Maybe a woman needs a sense of humour to live with a man? I think v-grrrl should weigh in on this one.

And v-grrrl, the finger hovered over the publish button for quite some time while I thought through your comment. Gert was almost on the floor laughing over on his side of office space.

You are funny.
There's no question of it all.

Anonymous said...

Di,

I'm glad Gert thinks I'm hot--I mean funny--and I promise not to steal your civil servant as I have one of my own at home. However, if Gert wants to let E know just how hot--I mean FUNNY--I am, he has my permission to get him drunk at the next soiree and confess ALL.

Di Mackey said...

Message passed to Gert, after he came over to my side of the desk to see what the raucous shout of laughter was all about.