Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Blogging from the Land of V

A woman must have money and a room of her own if she is to write fiction.
Virginia Woolf

So I packed a little money and I've been loaned a room of my own ... a cosy little attic room in the home of the v-grrrl

Today, after a journey made in the spirit of comedian Mr Bean, I arrived safely only to be party to the temporary loss of her internet connection as we checked out the possibility of adding my little HP Pavilion to the internet.

The plan is that I'll be posting from my cosy little room in the attic for the next couple of days while working my way through a backlog of interviews that need written up before the launch of the new website.

Tot ziens.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I perfectly know what you're talking about Di (regarding that "room of your own" in order to write fiction) - add "no loud noises emanating from various entertainment devices or fellow human beings" and we are in the same boat.

V's internet connection going down was not a localized issue: we both share the same ISP who suffered a nationwide outage this afternoon.

Happy writing!

Di Mackey said...

Dank u wel, Peter. I'm sure we'll you in the loop :)

I replied last night and the computer ate my reply ... will persevere this morning xo

Anonymous said...

Peter,

You need to take a turn in my cozy attic room. Come visit!

Di Mackey said...

Oh you do Peter, she's the most marvellous hostess!!

Anonymous said...

I must take you up on that offer one day V, and yes, I know the clock is ticking.

Yet to fix: a runny nose, a frozen shoulder, logistic issues and a high-maintenance s/o.

On verra ;-)

Di Mackey said...

She has this magical chicken soup, probably for the soul Peter but it's full of chilli and good cold cure stuff too.

Beter schap!