Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Found ...


Tyne Cot Memorial Cemetery, Belgium, originally uploaded by - di.

Back in April and out on Flanders Fields, I promised to take some photographs of New Zealand commemorative stones with the names of relatives for friends back home in New Zealand.

It has taken me altogether too long to organise myself to the point of processing, downsizing and emailing those images however it happened today and I was so delighted to find this image.

Flanders Fields fairly shone under rare deep blue skies, alternating with the puffy white cloud scene you see in this scene.

4 comments:

furiousBall said...

i love that the dramatic grey sky above this beautiful structure is competing with it's beauty

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH! Stunning perhaps.

Unknown said...

Handsome photo and congrats on the Etsy shop--will stop in there.
Left you an award over at my place. No strings attached:>)! Have a happy day.

Di Mackey said...

I have this new wide-angle lens that is just magic, Van and it lets me find shots like this one. Thank you.

Oh, you are lovely, Gary.

And another thank you to you, Ms distracted by shiny objects, the award did make me smile. You made an up and down and all over the place kind of day end well.