Friday, May 22, 2009

And home again ...


Counting games, originally uploaded by - di.

I told Gert that I like flying these days.

He replied that he might buy me an ankle bracelet, one that beeps whenever I try to leave the country. Laughing, he explained that he thought my dislike of flying had kept me home more than he had expected ... if I liked flying, well who knew what the new schedule would be.

It's less than 2 hours to Italy, maybe he's right, writes this smiling woman.

I landed in Belgium yesterday, was picked up and whisked off to a family BBQ. It was a delightful way to return ... 23 celsius, blue skies, red wine, fantastic food and good company.

At first I resisted and left my camera packed up but about halfway through I had to go get it and a few hundred photographs happened disturbing quickly.

I had a beautiful photograph of Mamadou dancing with little Miss Four and one of Raf bbq-ing pineapple. A beautiful one of little Miss 4 and Nikki but permission permission, I must get permission.

Last night I slept like the dead, falling into my bed about 9.30pm. Today it's blue skies and cleaning ... a most delicious guest arrives from America bright and early tomorrow and I have a family photography session booked.

It's all very exciting!

9 comments:

Kay Cooke said...

Welcome back to your home! The temps look lovely and summery! Very different to our sou' west hail and rain.

V-Grrrl said...

An American guest? Poor you. I hear they're horrible-- demanding and loud and refusing to eat the Vegemite. : )

Gary's third pottery blog said...

I wonder, Di, will ya ever post a full picture of yerself? :)

Di Mackey said...

Oh Kay, I'm so sorry. I actually feel quite conflicted when New Zealand's weather turns sour and winter comes. I'm sad for you guys but I'm so happy that we are coming out of another scungy Belgian winter ;)

Oh Ms V, indeed. I forgive them Vegemite thing, no nationality eats it except for those of us in the lands downunder ... but I can safely say that Americans have been some of my favourite guests here. I'm sure this guest will be purely delightful.

Well Gary, quite possibly not ;)

paris parfait said...

Glad you're home safe and already taking fab images as life unfolds around you. You never answered my question about Paris. Write when you get a chance. xoxox

Di Mackey said...

Sorry Tara, life has been madness for an extended period of time ... but it seems to be how it is for me.

I needed to work it out with Gert. A friend flies in from the States in the morning for a week, and then I have a photography exhibition to prepare for that opens 6 June so we won't be up before then. Hmmm and Gert's in the midst of elections but seeing you and Paris is on our list of things we hope to do soon. It will be so good to catch up with you again xo

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Well, but Di, you post everybody else's face, not your own?
Tis your business, I am certainly not trying to be pushy.

Di Mackey said...

I'm working on getting my face more like the Sandra Bullock ideal I have in my mind, Gary ... the road is long ;) but I became a photographer at an early age because it's a surefire way to avoid being photographed. Oddly enough, I just can't stand it and my clients often appreciate that I understand their discomfort. I posted one of me in my glasses a while back and there have been the occasional full me photographs but they are few and far between, averaging about one per year.

Manictastic said...

Gert is right, you do need an ankle bracelet to keep you here.
Say hi to the American guest!

OH and V, vegemite is the most disgusting thing i ever tasted. :D