Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Sometimes I wonder ...

whether my new website is waiting for me to completely commit to a life of wandering, photography and story-telling because the latest delay involves a story so surprising and unexpected as to seem like a fiction ... except it's not.

Living many lives is complicated ... at the moment, I'm a photographer, a communications assistant for an NGO (and have another newsletter due out at the start of May), a housewife which equates to quite a lot of housework some days, and a woman addicted to wandering. I'm also preparing material for that new website.

I'm also organising two exhibitions with conceptual plans needing to develop (one of them by Friday, with information about me written up and sent for the June exhibition).

Sometimes I just sit at my desk watching this vivid green Spring arrive, admiring the deep blue sky and quietly wondering how I can do it all.

A little later: thinking that this post should be titled Wishful Thinking ... what kind of adult gets to wander, take photographs and tell stories. I'm smiling as I write this, I was smiling at my cheek as I hung out the washing earlier. Maybe the website problems is giving me time to realise that I'm being a brat and should get sensible in organising this jam-packed life of mine ;)

4 comments:

Lydia said...

I'm glad to read that sometimes you pause to wonder! That's a good thing, especially with a life as full of wonders as yours. This quote seemed to apply:
"Yet it is in our idleness, in our dreams, that the submerged truth sometimes comes to the top."
- Virginia Woolf

Di Mackey said...

I love that quote, thank you. I didn't know she had said that. :)

You are lovely, Lydia. Your encouragement is so appreciated.
xo

Manictastc said...

If you want to for say delegate the wandering part to someone say a young twenty-something from Belgium, I think I might know the perfect person for that. :d

So, busy ay :P

Di Mackey said...

You are too kind, young 20-something bloke from Belgium. I am loving the wandering, I need someone to do the hours of sorting and sending out promised work ...

I think I have at least 50 requests to process, with regards to photographs going someplace else.

Still interested ;)

Nice weather eh eh.