Saturday, April 04, 2009

The Australians.

Post 4001 ...

I didn't realise but I guess it's more than possible. I started this back in November 2005 and I've done a few things since then.

But today ... today was a good day spent wandering with 2 lovely Australian scientists who are settling into a new life here in the flatlands.

And it turns out that they are great travellers. I learned that I must try and visit Veliko Tarnovo in Bulgaria - a relatively straight-forward train trip from Istanbul and that Mount Chimaera must go onto my to-visit list for one day.

I could write a long post about how much I enjoyed the company of two people who approach life in a way that completely charmed me ... but I won't, not today. It seems like something one asks permission to do.

Maybe next time, if I ask first. I'm hoping to organise one of our parties in May. There might be a couple of weekends when I'm in town ... let's see it.

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH GOODNESS! All those years and posts, fantastico dahlink....

Kay Cooke said...

A milestone in blogging.
The prospective trips sound like delicious events to look forward to.

Di Mackey said...

Dank u wel, Gary dahlink.

I miss the milestones more often than not, Kay but this time, it was spotted.

A lazy Sunday here, working but quite unable to imagine moving countries on Thursday.