Friday, April 17, 2009

Princes' Islands


Istanbul Gull, Marmara Sea, originally uploaded by - di.

Today was one of those glorious Istanbul days - blue sky, sunshine and a trip out to the Princes' Islands on the old ferries ... and as you see, there were seagulls out wandering with us.

We spent a couple of hours exploring the beautiful tree-lined streets of Buyukada, enjoying the lovely old homes and quiet of the big island. Then we hopped back on a ferry and popped over to Heybeliada, where Lisen and Yakup have bought a house on a hill. I do believe I fell in love and once you see photographs of the view ... you surely will too.

I have already made enquiries about them adopting me.
It seems possible.
I would very much like to live in that house on the hill with beautiful view ...

5 comments:

furiousBall said...

what a great shot, beautiful

Di Mackey said...

Thanks, Van. I have some more to sort through but we returned at 9 or 10pm and each day I return with at least, at very least, 200 new photographs to process ... it's endless, and I'm very happy.

paris parfait said...

Really incredible photo. And a house on a hill with a view? Do they accept reservations? :) xo

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

Your photography is soaringly beautiful, my friend - awesome! :)

Di Mackey said...

Thank you, Tara :) I passed on your idea of reservations, although there's a little remodelling to do xo

Barbara, thank you! I look forward to catching up on everyones lives when I return.