Monday, January 19, 2009

Mangini, early morning light, Genova


Mangini, early morning light, Genova, originally uploaded by - di.

I fell in love with the Italian city of Genova and this cafe was part of the slow seduction I suspect.

Mangini is an old-fashioned cafe, providing service that makes a person feel a little bit royal. If you're ever in Genova, you must visit. The coffee is, of course, heavenly, as are the hot chocolates ... so thick and delicious.

A beautiful cafe in a beautiful city.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That cafe glows like a jewel, doesn't it? Or it might just be your photo x

Di Mackey said...

I think it's the cafe, Niamh. It's a really special place ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi,
I am from Genoa but like you life and love brought me abroad.
Mangini is one of the oldest place in my town, I am so glad you saw it and appreciate it!
It is like a piece of living history, always there every time I go home.
In this so fast consuming times it is so nice to stop a moment and try to understand and enjoy place like this.

Di Mackey said...

Hi Anna, lovely to find you here. I hope your love appreciates what you gave up :) Genova is a beautiful beautiful city.