Monday, January 19, 2009

Forza Genoa!


Genoa, originally uploaded by - di.

I have been a quiet fan of the Genoa football club for a few years now ...

New Zealanders talk in whispers when we talk of our football team. We don't do well in the world and rugby is the game followed by most of the country.

In Turkey, my students were always keen to know which team I supported there. They would list Trabzonspor, Galatasaray, Fenerbahçe, and Beşiktaş and I would always reply ... Genoa.

This reply prevented rioting of the teenage variety and it was true, if I had to support a football team, then Genoa had my loyalty.

This year, Genoa has a great team and the fabulous Diego Milito and as a result they are 4th on the table halfway through the season.

Anyway, the photograph ... I was wandering lost, looking for Boccadasse, having decided to walk from Porta Soprana. I arrived eventually but along the way, I passed Genoa Football flags, out on match day and I couldn't resist a photograph or two.

No comments: