Saturday, January 10, 2009

Last light, Flanders Fields.


Last light, Flanders Fields., originally uploaded by - di.

Today was a rather extraordinary day, as days go ...

We left the apartment at 9am, returning 12 hours later. But it was so good to get back to West Flanders and to catch up with some of my favourite Flemish menfolk out there.

There are so many stories to tell and some photographs I'm truly delighted with but it turned out to be much more than a luncheon today. Gert and I were invited onboard the small bus to travel and take photographs with the 6 VIPs.

It was a long day ... a good day actually, but now it's time to lie on the couch.

7 comments:

Lydia said...

Can't wait to see the other shots! I love this little guy warming his cold nose in Flanders Field.....

Anonymous said...

Lol, menfolk :d

Mark J said...

Spent hours at my computer; eyes scanning the screen for the secret message behind this shot only to realize there wasn't one.

Must have looked like an ass to tell the truth :)

Mark J said...

Well- I tried to make you smile :)

paris parfait said...

Great photo - looking forward to seeing more photos and hearing more about your adventure! xo

Anonymous said...

It's a terrific picture (but what IS this creature?). Can't wait to see and hear more about your day!

Di Mackey said...

I'm getting there Lydia but running about like a crazy woman. I had a family day in search of a good beach today (Sunday) and I have a possible exhibition that needs a photographer's CV really and my new website is being loaded and and and ... :)

Menfolk ... yes, lovely Flemish menfolk, Manic :)

Ho ho ho, Mark. It worked, I was just running.

I'm getting there Tara xo

The creature, RD, is a baby donkey I couldn't resist photographing out on Flanders Fields.