Saturday, June 03, 2006

Tribalcog

I loved this website first time I found it years ago ... I was hunting around when the name Tribalcog came back to me, and I wandered over to see how Beren was doing.

He introduces himself ...I was born in Bristol, England, but my parents wisely moved to New Zealand when I was 7. On the way we stopped in Bali. I remember the warm rain, the smell of the cloves in the cigarettes, the smiles and an amazing variety of fruit. Coming from Thatcher's cold, grey England this was paradise!

At 15, my parents volunteered to do 9 months teaching in Himachal Pradesh, India. I went with them, supposedly to go to school to but shortly after my 16th birthday I was traveling across India by myself taking pictures. I came back to New Zealand to complete high school and finished top of my year.

At 30, I have now spent more than 3 years in Asia photographing, from Japan to Pakistan, Hong Kong to Kalimantan. As I write this I am in Guatemala and have spent a year in the Americas. The more I see the more I want to see; and the more I know I don't know. It is wonderful, especially because I have so much of the world yet to see!

No comments: