Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Meme

I was over at Stepping Stones and traveller one had posted this:

From a meme that's making its way around the blogosphere...

1. Grab the nearest book.
2. Open it to page 161.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the text of the sentence along with these instructions.
5. Don't search around and look for the coolest book you can find. Do what's actually next to you.

I had Anne Michaels book Fugitive Pieces close by: 'It's not the unknown past we're doomed to repeat, but the past we know.'

And now it's your turn ...

7 comments:

Sal DeTraglia said...

"A truly astonishing achievement for any human being, but particularly for someone who was considered a slow-learner as a child, who dropped out of (and was then expelled from) his secondary school, who graduated from a mere technical college with a teaching diploma, and who, of all his classmates, was passed over for a teaching position and post-doctorate appointment."

And no...it's the the unauthorized biography of George W. Bush.

Di Mackey said...

Ahhh George ... :)

Mark J said...

"During a therapy session he told a psychologist that her planned to kill her"

Di Mackey said...

Lol, hi Mark ... I read it in my comments box and at first thought 'What????'

Good book?

The Wandering Turk said...

OK - so I cheated - but there was nothing on Page 161 of SQL Server 2005 New Features, except "Chapter 8" in bold letters - certainly no 5th sentence. The 2nd nearest book was a gift from a dear friend, which I have sipped from during the past couple of months.

"Like a Poet hidden
In the light of thought
Singing hymns unbidden
Till the world is wrought
To sympathy with hopes and fears it heeded not"

Anonymous said...

'Naturally I kept pushing and shoving to leave the room because, although I was wearing a gold dress, I was also wearing my well-tailored inferiority complex so I didn't, for a second, think that I was the one being called a goddess.'

Jessie

Mark J said...

The Suspect by Michael Robothan. Not a bad read. The Sunday telegraph said " The Suspect takes centre stage among the best of the best. It's truely accomplished."
Me? I liked the cover :)