Sunday, May 04, 2008

A Sunday someplace in Belgie

A sunny summery Sunday and we're tidying for guests ... special guests.

Shannon's on a flying visit from the States and Ruth, friend to us both and colleague to me, is driving over from Brussels.

We're being buzzed by bi-planes as I write this and the grey polluted horizon seems familiar as opposed to a toxic downer.
It's a summer thing I think, happy with whatever's out there.

Gert's hosing down the balcony, preparing for a summer of evenings lounging out there with red wine ... and mosquitoes, and our balcony garden is becoming a place to be proud of ... almost, with lots of work to be done still.

It may be that I'm still at the singlet and pyjama pants stage but I have enough time to change once the doorbell rings.

I'm photographing that wedding in Berlin next week and preparing for that while tidying up loose photographic ends will be my priority as of tomorrow and then there follows this freefall into Rome and Istanbul in the weeks ahead.

I think I have to give in and take my constantly painful and swelling knee to the doctor's - I've given the injury since the October on Flanders Fields incident to heal on its own but it seems to be going downhill. I suspect arthritis and ... but I don't know what the injury was. I thought soft tissue so mmmmm, maybe it's time.

I hope your Sunday is sweet whereever you are.
Tot straks.

No comments: