Thursday, May 29, 2008

My last night in Roma


one night out walking in rome, originally uploaded by - di.

I love this city absolutely and last night, a little lost, we found ourselves on a bridge across the Tiber and there, in the distance, was St Pietro's sparkling.

I was so incredibly tired after days of heat and wandering, negotiating with my knee and blisters, losing 3 kgs in the process and I had become disorientated. I was sad to have that memory of my last night but looking up, I discovered this gift.

3 comments:

Veronica said...

WOW.

Yes, I remember well how Rome took me to emotional highs and physical lows. Our apartment was on the SIXTH floor, no elevator, and after a full day of WALKING everywhere and keeping up with My Man Who Never Tires, I'd look at those stairs and think, "Dear God, I might just sleep outside the building tonight. I can't go even one step farther."

Anonymous said...

This is a superb picture. I'm going back now to gaze at it.

Di Mackey said...

Lol, we should travel together V. I think we could find common ground to walk slowly on and I know where there's a hotel on flat ground with an elevator.

Thank you shashikiran. I'm glad you enjoyed it.