Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Peter amused me with this Facebook youtube.

A friend had a recent experience with a work-orientated Facebook account showing an explicit dating advertisement on her page, simply because a 'friend' had added himself to the raunchy dating site.

We were discussing the work-related stuff she wanted to show me and all I could see was this horrendously explicit photograph. She was mortified when I finally asked if it was ummmm appropriate to have that kind of image there.

She hadn't noticed it because it's not what she expected to find there on here account ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was my pleasure Di. Funny that a 'let's make friends' tool is allowing raunchy, explicit ads on a work oriented account ;-)

I avoided facebook for several reasons:

- their controversial ad program "beacon":
['Rough seas nearly sink Facebook's Beacon':
http://www.news.com/
8301-13577_3-9826664-36.html]

- the fact virtually nobody I know has an account on facebook

- "social networking overload": if I were to use all the major social networking sites I'd have to sit in front of my pc screen 24/24.

furiousBall said...

i know both of you do now and i will find you both and poke you... muhahaha

Di Mackey said...

I had Facebook on auto-pilot and never really got into it. Trying to remove it was quite a surprise, Peter.

Mr Muhahaha - but we don't ;)
I removed mine and Peter never did.
We're un-pokeable muhahaha!