Monday, August 14, 2006

A snapshot from Beirut after news of the ceasefire

Obviously I read no news on my wedding day ... it was a choice about avoiding sadness but when I went wandering the next day, I found this ... and loved it.

Zena in Beirut wrote this and more :

on the eve of ceasefire
this morning, i woke up with a smile on my face. my husband had jumped on top of me, kissing me all over my face, saying that the war was going to end. that the UN voted... that things were going to get better now. i had only fallen asleep two hours earlier, but jumped out of bed with a kind of energy i hadn't had in over a month. it was a good morning.

everything changes this weekend.

things are supposed to come to some kind of end. one way or another.

on the eve of ceasefire, i have mixed emotions.

i am grateful that things are coming to and end.

No comments: