Thursday, August 24, 2006

Other voices ...

'The theory of a free press is that truth will emerge from free discussion,
not that it will be presented perfectly and instantly in any one account.'

Walter Lippmann
Essayist and journalist

Flashpoints.net , produced at KPFA, Berkeley. A hard-hitting daily investigative news magazine with audio archive of recent shows.

The function of truth, Lippmann said, was to bring hidden facts to light and set them in relation to one another to produce "a picture of reality upon which men can act."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You sent a gentle tremor into the blogosphere yesterday. Welcome back!

Di Mackey said...

I laughed and blushed when I read your comment shashikiran. You are too kind, thank you.

I bounce, so I'm back :)

paris parfait said...

Amen to the quote. Glad you're back w/ us.

Di Mackey said...

I like Lippman, and thanks Parfait, for a few hours I wanted to forget blogging but it's been my 'pretend work' while 'in process' and there's a certain sense of satisfaction found in working on it.