Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another wandering woman ...

Just a note to let you know that I'll be posting a little less in the days ahead because wandering woman has flown in from Spain and we've made plans explore Belgium.

We started well. I had received an invitation to follow and photograph an Alderman here in the city. I had said sure and so it was that Erin and I were able to spend a couple of hours viewing an exciting new real estate project in the heart of Antwerpen.

And one of the most stunning things about Belgians is surely their multi-linguist-icity. Not only were we visiting this site and meeting interesting people but the moment they realised we spoke English, they switched languages and answered our questions without difficulty.

We had a late lunch at het Elfde Gebod, otherwise known as the Eleventh Commandment ... my favourite pub. We admired the saints before wandering on out into Grote Markt for more photographs.

A dinner of doner is done and photos will follow once they're sorted and resized. Meanwhile I'm off to chat.

Tot straks.


ML said...

oh how neat! My favorite restaurant as well.. I remember every bit of it and how we loved it,, the 4 of us. Hope Erin enjoyed it too.

Hope you both have a wonderful time! ML

woman wandering said...

Thanks ML, we did and I think we will.

All kinds of visits planned for tomorrow. :)