Thursday, August 17, 2006

Another wandering woman ...

Just a note to let you know that I'll be posting a little less in the days ahead because wandering woman has flown in from Spain and we've made plans explore Belgium.

We started well. I had received an invitation to follow and photograph an Alderman here in the city. I had said sure and so it was that Erin and I were able to spend a couple of hours viewing an exciting new real estate project in the heart of Antwerpen.

And one of the most stunning things about Belgians is surely their multi-linguist-icity. Not only were we visiting this site and meeting interesting people but the moment they realised we spoke English, they switched languages and answered our questions without difficulty.

We had a late lunch at het Elfde Gebod, otherwise known as the Eleventh Commandment ... my favourite pub. We admired the saints before wandering on out into Grote Markt for more photographs.

A dinner of doner is done and photos will follow once they're sorted and resized. Meanwhile I'm off to chat.

Tot straks.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how neat! My favorite restaurant as well.. I remember every bit of it and how we loved it,, the 4 of us. Hope Erin enjoyed it too.

Hope you both have a wonderful time! ML

Di Mackey said...

Thanks ML, we did and I think we will.

All kinds of visits planned for tomorrow. :)