Monday, August 06, 2007

Why?

I often run ahead of myself ...

It seems that I have picked up a big photography contract for the months ahead and I was dreaming of all I would buy with the first serious money I have earned in 2 years but ... I have to wait for the money to come, not spend it before.

I have to continue, just a little bit longer, with my serious shoestring approach to life. The woman who raced a snowstorm back across the world from New Zealand, 23 hours flight time without including the stopovers, and on into Istanbul with no credit card and just $30 New Zealand on her person ... she gets to live life in that seriously crazy way just a little bit longer.

I'll do the wedding with the camera equipment I have, lacking that big delicious flash that would have made me safe.

And why ... why did I imagine my life might become simpler immediately?

5 comments:

Mark J said...

but when the money starts rolling in - I think I'll see your smile from here. :)

Di Mackey said...

Oh you so will.

2 years is too long to be without independent means.

Imagine, I can come home!!!

Roam2Rome said...

... because you are an optimist and you imagine the best case scenario of any situation! You are doing well, and it's all just a matter of time!

Sooner than later, I think :)

Di Mackey said...

Ahhh, that's why, farfallina :)

'Sooner' I hope, as it's 4.08am and insomnia's no fun ... and the morning brings a rather big day.

Anonymous said...

Life never gets simpler, our memory just blurs out the nasty little details which don't contain value. Ever wondered why you mostly remember stuff in very short mental shots or just mental pictures, just because you don't need to be remember that time back then, took as long as time does now and time will in the future, except if you can travel at the speed of light, then you are forever young.