Friday, August 31, 2007

Just thought I'd share ...

The New York Times has a story about a giant spider web ...

It starts like this: Most spiders are solitary creatures. So the discovery of a vast web crawling with millions of spiders that is spreading across several acres of a North Texas park is causing a stir among scientists, and park visitors.

Sheets of web have encased several mature oak trees and are thick enough in places to block out the sun along a nature trail at Lake Tawakoni State Park, near this town about 50 miles east of Dallas.

3 comments:

Roam2Rome said...

Wow, I don't know if that's interesting or scary!

Funny thing is that yesterday I saw a spider on the hall and it scared me, but as I walked away IT FOLLOWED ME!

Sab said...

Thanks for posting that on Di. I enjoyed reading about this phenomenon. Fascinating!

Di Mackey said...

I think 'deeply disturbing' would pretty much sum up and massive spiders web full of spiders. I would move cities.

Ew to it following you. I'm still recovering from the fact that the mosquitoes manage to hide from me at night ... I don't want them to be that intelligent!

A pleasure, paris set me free ... 'phenomenon' maybe makes it more bearable to think about.