Monday, August 06, 2007

Lessons from an insomniac

When you are quietly moving through the house, just after 3am, think about turning on the lights and avoid almost breaking your toes on the wooden toybox that arrived in the hallway earlier.

And pay attention when, on starting up your man's computer sometime after 3am ... if it says 'One of your disks needs to be checked for consistency. You may cancel the disk check, but it is strongly recommended that you continue' then you should probably just let it happen.

I did and here I am.

Now emailing huge photograph files out to a rather well-known and superb New Zealand artist I met and photographed out on Flanders Field.

Tomorrow is a big day.
Daughter, granddaughter and 2 stepchildren all day ... school holidays here in the flat country.

Tomorrow my daughter and granddaughter find out if they have permission to join me here in this life.

The tomorrow that is already today.

And I have 3 interview/article pieces to work with and finish by the end of the week and a collection/selection of photographs.

Meanwhile it's still hot outside.
I've youtubed Suzanne Vega, for old timesake and starting with My Name is Luka .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Belgium, give us two new females.

Di Mackey said...

Bedankt Manic, you are a very kind Belgian :)