Sunday, August 12, 2007

In Praise of the Grrrl

It may be that those who read me regularly noticed an increasingly loud whine coming from the direction of my blog.

My laptop, renamed by Shannon as the craptop was dying in fits and starts. I was having multiple gear failure just as the pressure to complete a lot of work was beginning.

I have 5 interviews in process and waiting to be finished here on my desk and sharing Gert's pc wasn't going so well. His computer is situated in the midst of the madness that is sometimes my home.

Then v-grrrl left a comment on this post of mine.

You can borrow my laptop until you get your own. E-mail me.

In Di world, that's the equivalent of someone offering me a body part.
I emailed her and said 'Yes please but are you sure?'

She was and the laptop was duly picked up, along with toys for Little Miss Three, passed on down by v-grrrl's children who are growing. Sahara's eyes grew big when the doll's pram and doll were unloaded ... she was silenced.
A rare event.

Life has taken a more mobile turn for the best and I have 5 interviews well on their way. I love that I can remove myself, with the laptop, to quieter places in the house and not have to queue during the quiet times here in the lounge.

So a massively huge thank you to the incredibly kind woman I know over in Brussels.

Thanks Veronica.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let me know if you need a body part as well. I have some extra ass to give away and lots of middle to spare. Perhaps Gert or Jess would like me to send some on? I hate for them to be left out!

I know how desperately I need my keyboard to survive domestic life. Really, how could I in good conscience leave you stranded at Kiwi Villa without a virtual escape hatch?

I didn't want you to have to change your blog title from Woman Wandering to "Woman Teetering on the Brink of Madness in Antwerp."

Enjoy!

Di Mackey said...

Hah, as if I need extra ass or middle. The South Beach booklet is here and primed ... it's just me. Should be this week though.

We all laughed over your "Woman Teetering on the Brink of Madness in Antwerp."

Seemed painfully possible at one point.