Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Experiments in Multi-tasking

My life wheels are spinning at the moment and I'm experimenting with 'just how good is Di at multi-tasking'.

Part of the problem is that I keep having rather good ideas that involve work and my team of little helpers doesn't yet exist in a reliable-drawing-a-wage-kind-of-way, and everyone knows, many mother/daughter relationships are fraught especially when said daughter suspects that she is being used as cheap labour.

So I'm grinding away, making copious notes and contacts, trying to keep the directive to OPEN THE FACTORY in mind.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Di, you deserve the "migrant of the month" award.

Your entrepreneurial drive to 'open the factory' is seldom seen these days in Antwerp - great to read that you're going ahead at full speed, right on target.

Di Mackey said...

No awards :) I have to actually develop this whole 'regular income' thing.

I hope things are improving for you with regard to your pain.

Anonymous said...

Regular income is so dull. Cheap labour is completely a great way to go ahead. I think you should outsource your picture taking to China, they can do it cheaper. :D

Di Mackey said...

Regular income ... two years since that happened Manic, TWO YEARS. It's time now :)

Anonymous said...

Are you exploiting my babies for cheap labour? Who does more, Jess or Sahara? I imagine Sahara as more an ideas person, Jess does all the work?

Mark J said...

Don't forget to slip a little Dead Like Me into the mix Di :)

Yeah i know I'm starting to sound like a stuck recorYeah i know I'm starting to sound like a stuck recorYeah i know I'm starting to sound like a ....

Di Mackey said...

Lol but that record is precisely what I need. The dvd is on my desk, I'll clear some papers and try looking at it today.

Jon. Can you imagine either of them allowing themselves to be exploited as cheap labour? I do try though ;) and fail completely mostly.