Friday, August 03, 2007

All about me ...

I've been a little absent due to workload these last few days ...

I'm working on multiple projects, there are the photographs from the commemoration ceremony in Comines-Warneton - they need to be organised, burned to cd and sent out by Monday, with a small piece of text being written to accompany the photographs I was asked to send back to a New Zealand newspaper.

Then there's the new website, finally coming close to the launch but needing material reading to load.

Then there's the English classes we're setting up because it seems that there is a quiet need for English teachers in Antwerpen, it only took a fateful meeting with a woman in a secondhand bookshop and another request for private tuition for me to find those people. It will be so much simpler to implement all that I was doing without having 5 hours travel time to and from Brussels.

And then there's all the other stuff. The mother and stepmother and grandmother stuff ... my 'office' is situated at the hub of the house until I am in possession of my new laptop.

So I'm available as required, thinking that I couldn't imagine a man allowing these types of goings on in his office, then again, nor would a sensible woman.

Yesterday was a meltdown kind of day for me.
The bridge back from the madness came in the form of a lovely Australian red wine and a movie.

Today was a better day.

This weekend is a mix of working as many hours as possible but taking time out for the party in Brussels ...

5 comments:

Roam2Rome said...

Well thank goodness for a good movie and red wine to bring you back across the bridge! Hehe...

Hang in there... sounds like you'll be working away during the week-end! I know, I sometimes feel overwhelmed with work, then I remind myself that it'd be worse if I DIDNT have the work that I do :)

Take care...

Mark J said...

Will have a drink in your honour.
Skype me - I miss our chats :)

Di Mackey said...

Hi Farfallina, I've spent Sunday at the computer after a Saturday fretting about not being at the computer ...

The party in Brussels was a nice way to end that kind of Saturday :)

I'll skype you this week Mark, just have to dig myself out the work in process pit :)

Veronica said...

You can borrow my laptop until you get your own. E-mail me.

Di Mackey said...

v-grrl, you do realise that this offer (in Di world) is equivalent to you offering me one of your kidneys???

I shall go and process your kindness :)