Tuesday, April 03, 2007

I feel like these are the days where I tidy up everything that needs done before I fall into time with my daughter and granddaughter ... crazy busy days.

I finished up the exhibition photographs yesterday and handed everything in. Apparently they went to the layout people at 3pm, so I'm curious to see what happens with them. They're making short films now and who knows what else ... all will be revealed when the exhibition opens in June.

Since photographing v-grrl's family back in 2006, I've wanted to photograph the v-grrrl alone, curious to see who she is when she isn't the mother and wife. Despite minimal strike action on the trains between Brussels and Antwerpen, she is coming over today and I get to have a relaxed photo session with someone I've come to count as a friend.

The apartment is still wearing its 'under construction' look. My bedroom wall has has its second coat of paint applied to it and there's more work to be done there. This weekend is all about Gert applying the wished-for red paint to the walls of his kids bedroom.

He matter-of-factly turned down my offer of applying it, explaining that red paint is the most difficult of colours to apply evenly ... I guess the 'cayenne' paint daubs on the white skirting board and that one on the ceiling in our room made him doubt my abilities in the field of paint application.

This week is about building a desk with shelves above it, cleaning windows and making new beds; setting up this apartment so that, when required, all 6 of us can live here without too much trouble.

And not only is all of this happening but I get to finally meet the lovely Paris Parfait next week. My first time in Paris ...

Tot straks.

7 comments:

Jay said...

Red paint IS hard to make nice! we bought a tinted primer to do our living room, and painted about 74 coats, and I still wasn't sure I was happy. Next time, someone else can have the hassle.

Anonymous said...

It looks like a busy month for you. Hope you will keep up with your -vital for my life :d- blogging.
I remember the days when I just painted on paper and it was hard enough to get that nice and even, I am never -but never say never said Bond, James Bond- going to try and paint walls.
It looks like another beautiful day, the last real Belgium institution -bad weather- is starting to see it is no use trying to keep the country together :d -or it could be that climate change fuzz thing, dunno :D.

Di Mackey said...

Lol Jay, I'll leave the hassle with Gert. I'm not going to tell him about those 74 coats ... maybe I'll even go out for the day.

It's okay Manic, I seem to be a little driven in the blogging department, did you notice?

Changeable here in the city of Antwerpen but YAY, it's not winter anymore :) Work well.

Jason W said...

holy shit you're actually going to Paris? I thought it was one of those things that would never happen - something else always comes up.

oh well..it had to happen sometime. aferim cannim!!!

Di Mackey said...

Jason ... Istanbul friend American Jason ???

G'day mate, and yes ... Paris finally and for all the best reasons.

Aferim cannim?
Cannim I know but aferim?
Translate, Turkish speaking boy xo

paris parfait said...

Hooray! I'm so glad you'll be here soon. And when the current guests depart, will email you directions. Good luck with all the home improvements and hope you enjoyed your day with your blogging buddy.

Di Mackey said...

Hi Tara :) I had a lovely day with my blogging buddy, and was delighted with some of the photographs. She was a lovely model.

As for the home improvements ... you can imagine how I'm feeling about the reasons for them :)