Wednesday, April 04, 2007

How many lives to organise ...

I was cleaning the house just now ... packing Gert's kids stuff because they go back to their mother's today and then moving on into putting together the room we're creating for my daughter's arrival.

I've been feeling fragmented of late and hadn't really had time to ask myself why, and I had written of 'reclaiming my life' to a friend. There was a smile in her words when she wrote back, asking me to write more of it.

The more I wrote, the more I felt this fragmented feeling of 'so much to do'.

Which life am I reclaiming and which do I already own?
Photographer, teacher, writer, blogger, mother, grandmother, stepmother, wife, friend, immigrant ... to name but a few.

I have so much to do but had been unable to simply work my way through that list in an organised fashion... I've been falling from one thing into the next, enjoying everything but not getting to spend huge amounts of time or concentration on any one thing.

Perhaps realising is the beginning of finding a way of organising this crazy delicious life of mine ...

3 comments:

Di Mackey said...

Good point ... she writes, on a break from a HUGE basket of ironing ;)

But it is mostly fun and satisfying, this crazy busy stuff and at least I've worked out what's going on. Might make some lists eh wot.

Harvey Molloy said...

As long as you are caring for yourself, looking after yourself, trying to keep well and not feeling overwhelmed then you're handling your chaotic, fragmentary life.

Di Mackey said...

Ahhh that was the problem in a way Harvey. I had slipped off the path and was beginning to feel ill all the time. I think I only needed to realise it so as to put things back in order :)

I hope your tooth is okay now.