Thursday, April 19, 2007

And today ...

My daughter has begun checking in with me in the evenings to create a to-do list for the following day ...

Her list for today is 7 items long, colour-coded to indicate importance, with a profile I have to write about me being the final 'treat' if all else is done. Blogging is for before breakfast or after my list is completed ... (fortunately I'm the mother, I get to do as I please).

To have an idea of how we are when we're together, see The Gilmour Girls and you're halfway there. I get to be the flaky mother ... a role she's happy to cast me in but the conversation is fastpaced (we like to think amusing) and it's definately not for the second or third language speaker :) A man could get lost in the midst of it so Gert is proceeding with caution.

But it's fun.
I see Gert quietly laughing as he eavesdrops on us, enjoying that someone else mocks me as I might have been known to mock him.

So who knew there was a mocking gene ...

Oh, and anyone who has suffered me taking their photograph well ... my daughter is a superb photographer and when my camera isn't focused on Sahara, she 'delights' me with impromptu sessions with me as the subject.

Tot straks.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mocking genes are way awesome. I think I have that too, well sometimes. I can put somebody right in his place just by saying one line (if I don't mispronounce the kiwinese e :P).
Gilmore Girls is a fun show to watch. Poor grandma though, living all those years together and then divorcing.

Di Mackey said...

I can only agree ... that mocking gene was noted in you when you wandered over to visit us here. You mock well enough to be kiwi really.

Did Grandma Gilmore really get divorced? Hmmm, I lost track of some shows moving countries ... I found it here but maybe not the most recent?

Anonymous said...

The oldies are on Vijftv and the new ones are on Kanaaltwee, both on sunday I believe, check the weekend newspaper to get the right hours.

Di Mackey said...

Hey Meneer Manic, dank u wel :)

Anonymous said...

Hey, I saw that mocking gene in person from your daughter! Have to watch The Gilmoure Girls, esp. since I met the father of the writer on board ship last year and had lunch with him twice! Great ability runs in their family too@!
I was laughing when noticing skype and wondering how that is going to work out! lol.

Di Mackey said...

Bear with me ML, I'm just learning to do my 'stepford hour' of housework in a new way lol.

paris parfait said...

I bet Gert's laughing! Serves you right. :) Sounds like it's all a lot of fun for all concerned. xo

Di Mackey said...

Fun indeed ... :)