Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pooh Bear and I have had enough ...


Pooh Bear and I have had enough ..., originally uploaded by - di.

I was photographing this little man's mum when he decided he'd had enough and I caught him leaving the scene with his bear.

After Thiepval, we raced through French countryside, running slightly late for our 3pm in Ieper (Ypres).

Racing through French countryside is fraught due to the 30 and 50km p/h they ask you to travel in the villages ...

But yesterday ... yesterday was also about finally photographing a friend's family out on Flanders Fields.

We wandered the ramparts of Ieper where the light became pure magic as time passed. I took more than 300 photographs, with Gert catching the moments I missed. And like almost every photo session, it was 'the best' photo session I've done ...

Yesterday I finally understood this thing about me and photography. Each session exists in a bubble that makes it 'the best'.

They took Gert and I out to dinner in Ieper's main square afterwards and it was a dinner of much conversation and laughter. We crawled in the door exhausted at 11pm after a truly excellent day.

Today we're off to visit a favourite old friend of mine over in Holland.

I'll let you know ...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like one of those days you understand exactly why you do what you do. They don't come often enough, but are precious when they do

gary rith said...

totally priceless photo!

Di Mackey said...

And deadlyjelly ... it was exactly that.

Di Mackey said...

I was lucky, Gary ... I turned and there he way :)