Saturday, August 02, 2008

And there she was ...

Gert and I were wandering through the beautiful village of Collonges la Rouge when I looked up and noticed this sculpture with the standard stunning old house as a background.

I'd like to return to the village one day, with time to explore and wander some more.

If Oradour-sur-Glane was about remembering the viciousness of a nazi past, then Collonges la Rouge was about peace and beauty, about survival, and the gentle merging of the past with the present.

2 comments:

furiousBall said...

the long vertical lines from the statue and the old house tower in the background are stunning

Di Mackey said...

Hey thank you. I saw but couldn't have described exactly what it was that captured me about that scene.

The problem of instinctive over reasoned photography ... :)