Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The BBQ in Brussels

Home at 2.35am after spending an evening with a small group of truly lovely people ... I haven't laughed so much in a long time.

At one point we raised a toast to absent hosts, as in the v-grrrl who is currently back home visiting family and friends in the States.

Veronica's niece and her niece's friend extended the same warm hospitality as Auntie V and despite some people having work in the morning, no one was in a hurry to leave.

v-grrrl's niece revealed her previously hinted at ability with alcohol was true and went on to ply us with more alcohol than was wise and also managed to cook up a really delicious bbq.

We had the girls from New Jersey, the guy from Pittsburgh, the Washingtonians, this Kiwi and her Belgian. Conversation, laughter, food and wine ... it was a perfect night out.

Thanks Kathryn and Cindy.

4 comments:

chiefbiscuit said...

Great to catch up again. Yes your dad will be very cold down in the South Island - altho' today we got to 17 degrees - sweltering!!! It was amazing! I had to strip off all my layers at work I was just stewing. It's lighter in the mornings now too - yay!!!!

womanwandering said...

Great to read the weather was better ... he did leave me a little worried about how he was doing.

Isn't it bliss when the light comes back into the mornings.

V-Grrrl said...

It's rather intriguing to think of my house hosting my friends and family while I'm away. And yes, that wee slip of a grrrl can even handle large quantities of Belgian beer.

Glad a good time was held at Chez V

womanwandering said...

We were very well behaved, v-grrrl. I fell in love with your outside furniture and would happily while away my summer in the chairs.

Lovely night and it was simply wrong wrong wrong that you weren't there.