Saturday, February 14, 2009

Busy days ahead ...

Monday I start an online course with the talented Susannah ; Wednesday I'm attending and photographing a barista workshop here in the city; Thursday there is the whirling dervish performance (I hope my camera is allowed in); and then Friday I'm off and wandering.

In the coming month, there's a trip on the Thalys to Paris (25euro each way) to visit with Tara for some long conversations and photography; a flight to Rome to collect some stories for the new website, and then mid-March the loveliest London-based Australian friend arrives for a few days.

I'm having a lesson with my web designer now that the new website is all but ready to load Monday I think and then I want to fit in a visit to the Marcel Niels Museum of Oriental Art here in the city sometime during the week.

I hope to finish the last of the work newsletter tomorrow and distribute that next week, then process and deliver the photographs I took in Oostende before 18 February.

I picked up the Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L usm lens today, the one I need for the Berlin/Middle East project and replaced the phone lost by Jessie.

I do believe I'm back in the world again ...

Have a lovely Valentines Day where ever you are and if you don't believe in that stuff, then happy weekend to you.

7 comments:

paris parfait said...

Well the thing about Valentine's Day, is that love should be celebrated every day! Am so glad you'll be coming over. I'm participating in Susannah's e-course as well. Sounds like you are juggling many plates in the air, at the moment. Luckily, it's mostly good things. Hope you enjoy the new lens. (Next week I'm going to set aside time to play with my new toys). xo

Di Mackey said...

Love should be everyday but sometimes fatigue sets in, maybe it's nice for some to be reminded.

I'm so glad you're doing Susannah's course too. It seems like a lovely way to wander into spring.

And here's to having fun with our toys together when I come through. I smile everytime I think about it.

The new lens is for photographing the exhibition as it evolves, so I needed something that would 1. work with the new camera body and 2. that was good enough to get the quality needed. I might go for a wee play with it tomorrow :)

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Happy Valentine's day to you too. :) <3

Anonymous said...

Wow, such a busy schedule. Have fun, and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Gary :)

Hey Manic, I hope you're having a good weekend too. I saw the sunrise this morning, 7.30ish and not too bad - summer is coming. Yay!

Anonymous said...

Why were you awake at 7.30? That's like insanely early? Yea, summer is still four months :'(

Di Mackey said...

But summer is coming, Manic and those dark short winter days are just beginning to get a little longer. I love that.

7.30am ... so much to do that it woke me. I had 3 emails out, asking permission to use photographs by 8am :)