Sunday, February 22, 2009

And home again ...


a beach on the French Coast, originally uploaded by - di.

1200kms of wandering, in a car driven by Gert - beach-hopping on our way back from Honfleur - a beautiful little village in France.

I love two things about France (and so much more but) ... the food (the quality and the price of it) and the fact that it is cheaper to have wine with that food than it is to buy coke or coffee.

I love the wide-open spaces once you drive away from the highways.

It was good to be there again, and it's good to be home.

Gert gave me some lessons in landscape photography and I'm so very pleased with the results. This one was taken as we walked off the beach. Something made me look back and voila, we had 2 seconds of this light.

12 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

holy cats, 2 seconds of light and you got it!

Di Mackey said...

Ooops, 20 seconds. I was talking with Gert this morning and while he was looking for something to frame, the light vanished but it was more like 20 seconds. I just remember it was fast, Gary :) Thought of you and your 'Le' this and that as we wandered. You were discussed in this context.

Catherine said...

That's beautiful light, and very impressive cliffs, too

Di Mackey said...

It was, Catherine, and they seem the same as what I imagined the white cliffs of Dover to be. I must check but I guess they're the same, since the Channel separates them ... I think :)

Barbara Butler McCoy said...

Ohhh ... someday, someday I will be there, but 'til then there is the beauty you've captured here. Thanks.

Miss Kim said...

Oooo love this shot esp. since I've been there!
PS I was trying to find the post about your new camera but gave up searching your archives. Can you remind me what kind you got since it is time for me to upgarde? Thanks so much!

Di Mackey said...

Thanks Barbara :)

And Kim, I had buy new equipment for a project and as it's a rather remarkable project, I went for the latest Canon EOS 5d series II. I loved the 400D but this new one ... it seems to be a wee stunner.

Good luck with the new purchase.

Miss Kim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Kim said...

Ohhhh that's a little out of my price range-- LOL! Am thinking of the EOS 1000 or something similar.

Di Mackey said...

Email me if you want to know more about the Canon's, Kim. I know Gert researched them all and he talked of the EOS 1000 for my daughter but buying that depends on what you want it for. As I recall, you have a really good eye for photography and you might find that one a little limited ... but Gert's not here to ask at the moment :)

paris parfait said...

Beautiful! Well done, you! Glad you had a nice break.xo

Di Mackey said...

It was delicious, Tara. xo