Tuesday, December 11, 2007

A little of this and a little of that ....


Last night, with a new project in mind and a need for wise counsel, I had dinner with a lovely couple here in the city and you know how it is when you get to spend time with people you like and respect, discussing an idea you are quite passionate about ... it was a really good evening for me.

I came away with a belly full of lovely food and that buzz of energy and anticipation not felt in a while.

Of course, today I have to smile at the potential for book and paper avalanches here on my desk. I'm still working on the photographs from Saturday's concert and 'the' website-in-development-forever is about to go live and just needs loaded. Somehow all the recipes that don't fit in the book have found their way onto my desk and there's an ever-growing pile of tissues here too. I have been sitting so quietly, hoping my immunity was up to scratch while I shared my space with all these sick people ... let's see how that pans out in the days ahead.

I had an odd craving for chocolate and a drink full of fizz ... but it didn't help, just for a moment maybe, meanwhile there's this huge pot of cleansing-type soup sitting on my stove, demanding my attention, and my body's not too happy with my apparent disregard for it in recent months.

My knee, despite ignoring it since Flanders Fields, is having some kind of tantrum, so yes ... the net is about to be cast both far and wide as I head into winter and projects.

The photograph was taken at the beginning of the Gnauoua Family concert, they came on stage and danced around this while playing their music. It was a little bit of magic ...

11 comments:

Veronica said...

I'm feeling quite geriatric myself, with my muscles and joints so stiff. Yesterday I pulled out a "Beginnning Yoga" DVD and barely made it through some of the poses, all of which I used to do with ease.

And yes, the avalanche on the desk? I've got that too!

C. said...

Magic. That was exactly the thought invoked by the picture. I could smell incense and hear bells. :) LOVELY! As for getting old, it's a mindset woman. Ignore it and paint your toenails bright blue!!! :) < hugs >

Di Mackey said...

I read about beginning yoga, it's so much gentler, unfortunately I was also breaking in new shoes and walked many miles ... I'm destroyed today, after walking some more many miles.

Alles clean here now ... well, the lounge anyway :)

Di Mackey said...

Ufff, the way I am at the moment, after luxing the lounge, dusting all high shelves and climbing under the desks to reconnect the internet I accidently disconnected ... I need someone else to come paint my toes.

Lol, a hopeless case today, forgive me.

furiousBall said...

I was going to suggest yoga myself, but V beat me to it. I swear my bones grow together if I don't get into namaste.

Di Mackey said...

I've only done a 6 week course of yoga once, I guess I'll gave to get a dvd course in Engels ... I keep making excuses but that I suspect it's just what I need at the moment.

I get all twisted and turn inside out when I'm taking photographs, without realising I've done it till I can't move the next day.

A said...

Trust me Di,
with a Frozen Shoulder syndrome and 3 spinal discs who went went for a walk and never came back, I really can relate to every joint and muscle story one can throw at me.

Your ethnic photographs always make me wonder in which far-away country they were taken - but most of the time, it's right around the corner, here in good old Antwerp(en) :-)

Di Mackey said...

Antwerpen is magical in terms of content, isn't it. Over 170 different nationalities living here now ... if only everyone was free to be open and different, we could have our own little Constantinople - a meeting and market place of the world.

Mlle said...

Ooohh.. I can't wait to see the new couch/work area. When do we get some photos?

Mlle said...

ooops.. posted the couch comment on the wrong one :P duh

Di Mackey said...

Well the couch should arrive toda, Shanti, although being Belgium the delivery guys only deliver to the door and Gert's out at a meeting so ... I have to work out how to get the couch and table up in the elevator and round the spiral staircase.

It's the only country I've ever been in where they state they only deliver to the door and will take no part in getting the stuff into the house ... not that I'm in a bad mood over it or anything like that ...

I guess it's a kind of placebo delivery ... where one thinks they've organised everything but soon the neighbours will hate them for blocking the entrance way and for excessive noise.