Monday, December 31, 2007

I phoned home to my Dad a happy new year ...

Talked to my dad and my stepmother ... we discussed how tall the rhubarb has grown and that there's no one there to eat it presently.

Ummm that would be the presently absent Di.


And his new potatoes are being eaten, Jersey Bennies this year and that they're stunning.

His new potatoes have been stunning every Christmas since I was the smallest thing.

The weather is good and the lovely adorable Bertie Paul just turned 84, sharing his birthday with Gert ... both January 1st babies, both lovely. I asked Dad to give Bertie a hug from me.

He declined telling him he'd shake his hand and pass on news of a hug sent by Di.

Antwerpen is set to let off 100s of thousands of euros worth of fireworks in 35 minutes. We have this rooftop view that means we'll see the city panorama of non-p.c madness in all its technicolour glory.

Photos to follow I imagine.

Happy New Year
Gelukkig nieuwjaar
Yeniyılınız kutlu olsun

3 comments:

Veronica said...

Sending Big American Hugs and Belgian Kisses to Gert on his birthday.

I love to make you laugh. And I so appreciate the train schedules, and hospitality you offer with Di at Kiwi Villa.

Must uncork champagne and raise a toast tonight at dinner.

Anonymous said...

Happy Newyear, and a happy birthday to Gert! Antwerp in multiple colours again!
See you!
Lut

Di Mackey said...

Gert appreciated the hugs and kisses, and the raised glass. We all love when you come over, even the Belgian who has allowed me to rename his apartment and invite all my friends in.

Happy new year to you too, Lut! Wishing you all the best in 2008 and yes, multiple colours in the city again.