Tuesday, September 18, 2007

A perfect photography website, according to Di today

It belongs to Phil Borges , a photographer who, for over twenty five years Phil Borges has lived with and documented indigenous and tribal cultures around the world. Through his work, he strives to create a heightened understanding of the issues faced by people in the developing world.

Through his exhibits and award-winning books, Phil attempts to create a relationship between the audience and his photographic subjects. “I want the viewer to see these people as individuals, to know their names and a bit of their history, not just to view them as an anonymous part of some remote ethnic or tribal group.”

2 comments:

Pam said...

Phil Borges is a local guy, I used to see him when I worked in the art supply store - he'd come down to talk framing and now and then I'd get to talk travel with him. I'm sure he doesn't remember me, some shop girl, but I remember him and I thought he was an awfully nice guy.

Di Mackey said...

Awfully nice photographs ... lucky you.

I'm sure he remembers you, you unforgettable creature :)