Monday, September 03, 2007

A little news ....

You know when you hurt your lower back and you can't sit down or stand up easily, walk fast, climb stairs or lift things BUT you have a huge number of wedding photographs to process ...

The wedding went well, the family was lovely, a pleasure to photograph but then Sunday was no fun at all.

Sunday I hurt my back.

Monday and the Americans arrived, my lovely delightful friends from Ohio.

Tuesday I'm off wandering.
I may blog from the road, depending on how France is with wifi.

Why yes!!!!
I have a new laptop with wifi and once I recover from 'immersion Windows Vista 101' I do believe I'm going to love working with my very new, very delicious little HP Pavilion laptop.

That's all from me, I'm off to pop painkillers, load up my camera bag and pack some clothes for the road.

Tot ziens.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have fun, wandering woman.

Di Mackey said...

Dank u wel, Meneer Manictastic.

TCM said...

bravo..bravo

Mlle said...

yaay! new laptop, France, friends.. I hope you get great weather to ice the cake with!

Roam2Rome said...

Aww, too bad for your back, hope it feels better soon.

But CONGRATS on your laptop!! :) I remember how happy I was a few months ago when I got mine! :)i

Mathieu said...

Vista: booh!

Wrenched backs: booh!

Trips and friends and photography and wifi: yay!

Have a blast, you hear?

david mcmahon said...

Hope you're feeling better, Di

Anonymous said...

I hope your back is feeling better. I feel your pain--really! I've spent this week lying on my pained back after having injured it with too much heavy yard work and two days of sitting in a car on a road trip. Oh, the pain. I hope you have survived. Your adventure and your new laptop sound delightful--can't wait to hear about your trip.

La Gatita Gringa said...

take care & enjoy your pain killers!

Anonymous said...

Can't wait until you're back. I'm virtually missing you. : )

Di Mackey said...

Shannon ... back from Paris, will write but had good weather :)

Thanks farfallina and the laptop is heaven after what I've been making do with for so long. Back's better on the return, more or less.

Vista ... you are so right Mathieu, and thanks, a blast we had.

Finally feeling better David :)

Yours sounded so much worse RD, hope it's well and truly better now and we have one more day of trip, then begins the writing up of ...

La Gatita Gringa, 'painkiller' was duly enjoyed ... one must have wine with lunch and dinner while in France and voila, they worked.

Thanks v-grrrl, you were mentioned as someone who should have come along with us :)