Tuesday, July 04, 2006

Today was Antwerpen, tomorrow the road ...

Antwerpen was stunning today ...

30 degrees celsius and we were out in the city with our American friends.

We ate lunch at het Elfde Gebold and it was lovely as usual. And later we sat a while in the Shoemakers Alley.

We ended the day in Riviernhof Park.
Wandering home, 10.30pm ... and still 21 degrees celsius.

But no ... I almost forgot, we got stuck in the elevator I've so often teased Alison and others about.

FOUR OF US, in this tiny airless nasty elevator, 11pm by then and none of us carrying a cellphone!!

We were lucky, Gert pushed various buttons and managed to get us level with a floor eventually ... we spilled out and nothing but nothing would convince me to get back in. He rode to the top alone while we 3 took the stairs.

The elevator is officially no longer amusing ...

7 comments:

Ani said...

Great exposure on the shots and the narratives are very well written. Thanks for a glimpse of your world.

Harvey Molloy said...

Oh no, not a sticky elevator. Sounds horrible.

Anonymous said...

Have a great time!; I look forward to reading the rest.

Anonymous said...

G,day Di, glad to see you are having fun in an elevator with Mary, hope you are having a ball now you have escaped the lift.

Rob

Anonymous said...

Well Miss Di, I have to say that I had a bad feeling about that elevator the minute I saw it. Unfortunately, I am too lazy to take action, and will certainly use it the next time I visit. Hopefully there won't be a follow up blog posting about your friend Shannon spending a 30 degree day in your elevator.. heh heh.

Lever said...

Lucky you hadn't been out for a curry, right? 21°C, four people, tiny elevator, no air, chicken vindaloo... I don't even wanna go there ;)

Di Mackey said...

Thanks ani, it was a pleasure. 'My world' sometimes surprises me so it's nice if someone enjoys it. :)

Oh Harvey, I almost died from the panic attack ... it's a tiny, airless elevator.

I hope 'the rest' makes sense Shashikiran. I'm so tired but we head out for Amsterdam in the morning and I needed to write up what we'd done thus far.

Hey Rob :) It was almost Scotland but you know us, we chose the elevator episode and 33 degree celsius heatwave.

Lol Shannon ... I hope I don't have to post about Shannon stuck in the elevator either ... you see, I walk the 7 flights of stairs now, so you'll be alone in there.

Thanks lever ... fortunately we'd only had ice cream (and p.s. I think you went 'there' anyway)