Monday, July 17, 2006

Laughter in our Elevator ...

Who could have imagined that pressing one's face up to the small frosted glass window on the tiny elevator door that services our building would have caused Gert and ML to roar with laughter that could be heard all over the building as they travelled up to the top floor?

There was me, trying to be adult but for the accidental pressing-of-my-face-against-the-window-as-they-passed-by, trying to laugh quietly while gasping for breath as I continued to climb the 100+ steps.

Yes, I've been climbing the stairs ever since the night of the trapped-in-the-elevator-with-3-others incident.

Laughter, as in childish delight from moi, combined with my gasping for breath, mixed with sounds of raucous hilarity from inside the elevator ... whatever will the neighbours think?

3 comments:

Belle said...

Thanks for the beautiful slice of life in Belgium.

Great commentary and now with a new camera, we look forward to daily pics.

Keep up the good work.

Kay Cooke said...

That gift of a camera is an amazing thing for you - you are not going to know yourself! I have a lot of reading to catch up with I see ... (I have been away for a few days.)

Di Mackey said...

Thanks belle.

I hope you had a nice time away, chiefbiscuit. I keep thinking it's summer in NZ too ...