Saturday, July 22, 2006

District Huis, Monday ...

I can't describe how good it feels to wander in Amsterdam, come home, download and work with the photos I took ...

I'm glad I am alive to enjoy the advances in digital photography.

I always 'see' things, being able to record and play with the results immediately is sublime ...

Moving countries has cost me, photography was part of the 'loss'.

District Huis visit Monday ... let's see what they have to say to me this time. I've been in Belgie a year now, I'm curious to hear what new thing they might offer up as an obstacle.

A friend laughingly asked me to record my response to anything ridiculous, since the pressure is clearly building inside me.

I held back when an official called me a liar, stating with certainty that her staff wouldn't have said that ...

Ohhhhhhhhhh yes they did lady, two of them did.

Next visit and a quiet smile of disbelief when they told me that my passport wasn't enough proof of ID ... and I had to pay various offices to copy my passport details onto an official piece of embassy paper and then have it stamped over at their foreign office.

Oh yes, I do love District Huis visits ...

Meanwhile happy happy summer ... it's raining today, I do believe the temp is finally under 30 degrees C.

4 comments:

Pam said...

Good luck, good luck!

Di Mackey said...

Thank you, thank you ... and as you know, I'll probably need it :)

Erin said...

Love the photo!

And yes, lots of good luck... May the gods of immigration bless you with the right bureacrat...got to be a good one in there somewhere (or no??)

Di Mackey said...

I think the visit may have proved that we lacked the bureacrat ... however, good won over evil (or some such thing lol)