Sunday, April 16, 2006

The Wisdom of Dogs

I'm obviously residing in one of Antwerpen's better suburbs; a place where dogs can read the signs on supermarket entrances ... Hier wacht ik op mijn baasje.

And clearly expectation has its own reward and the dogs think 'Oh, so here I wait for my master'.

It reminded me of another piece of canine intelligence hinted at back in New Zealand ... 'Guidedogs welcome' read signs on some shop doors. I was never sure whether it was written confirmation for the blind owner or the guide dog itself had been schooled in signage at guide dog school.

3 comments:

S.R. Piccoli said...

Not an easy question to answer ...

Di Mackey said...

I can only agree and wonder what they were thinking when they created them.

Unknown said...

I think dogs are lot more intelligent than 98% of the people..