Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Di and e-margaux

Compliments about my work can throw me off balance.

Over the last week, people whose work I respect have paid me some huge compliments about my blogsite. Compliments that surprised me because I was working from inside my own head ... with some idea of audience but pleasing myself content-wise.

Today I couldn't write. There were all kinds of reasons and I know it will pass but suddenly the people I have been reading and admiring turned tables on me.

I'm a Kiwi, we're not good with praise, it reduces me to jelly.

Anyway, George Davis ... founder, editor and writer at e-marginalia invited me to become a contributing writer on Team Margaux.

Of course I said yes, danced a little bit on the inside and smiled a lot. At the moment it's mainly syndication of travel-oriented posts from my site.

e-marginalia is a superb site ... I thought this before being invited on board, so it took some time for me to understand that I had been transformed from e-marginalia audience to team member .

Anyway, it's worth stopping by if you're traveling, dreaming of traveling or just looking for stories about travel ... it has everything and more.
Really truly! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!

You post like a machine and sometimes it's hard to keep up. Even though I'm bit of a quiet guy, I have read your posts and found lots of new cool stuff. :)

So, you're going for the fame and big-bucks then? ;)

Di Mackey said...

Thanks doberman ... :)

Erin said...

Don't worry, it didn't last long. Looks like you're right back "in balance" to me.