Monday, January 01, 2007


Well it happened ... Gert popped two cold and flu tablets on waking and climbed back into bed defeated today. He's been sleeping there ever since. Our Spanish saga continues ... my flu was highly contagious.

Last night I turned a corner.
No, not an immediate return to good health but a definate easing on coughing and sleeping.

It's been 24 hours since my last painkiller and I'm still resisting, although yes, that is a hotwater bottle glued to my aching back ... this flu has been a flu of aches.

For obvious reasons, I have officially moved Gert's birthday from 1 January to some point when we are healthy again ... we may even throw a party, an appreciation of health-type party. His face is waxen today, I'm sure he knows what I mean.

I have my first wedding booking for 2007 ... let's see what the new year brings.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gert has his b'day today? What a coincidince, mine is as well. The world is weird. Get well you two and enjoy the new year at it's fullest.

Di Mackey said...

Happy birthday manic!!! I hope you have a lovely day ... and we even have a little sunshine here as I write this.

xx

Anonymous said...

Hope the new year brings only good things - after you get past the flu, that is! So sorry Gert's birthday has been spoiled by the flu, but no doubt you'll make up for lost time.

christina said...

Oh gosh, poor Gert! But Happy Birthday anyway. The nice thing about birthdays is that they're just as good even if put off for a few days.

Di Mackey said...

Hey there Tara and Christina, I postponed his birthday for now ... we were both too sick to do anything about it yesterday and I knew what I wanted to gift him ... so it's moved.

Winter eh ... so much fun.