Thursday, January 11, 2007

David Shedden, Poynter Institute

I had some interesting email from the Poynter Institute today ...

David Shedden has written an article about an audio slideshow he created from his trip to England. What captured my attention while reading the article was the fact that David had never produced an online slideshow or written a personal essay before being encouraged to create what reads like a rather stunning record of his trip to England. If he could do it, maybe I could too ...

He wrote that while visiting England, he had used Murrow's descriptive CBS radio stories from 1938 to 1946 as a way to understand both the country and the city of London.

He wrote of user-friendly technology: Soundslides describes itself as "ridiculously simple storytelling." It creates simple audio slideshows for people who are not familiar with Flash and other multimedia tools. Since I didn't know what I was doing, it sounded perfect for me. Read the online Soundslides FAQ to learn about this easy-to-use multimedia program.

You can view his work titled In Search of Murrow's England here.

No comments: