Thursday, January 18, 2007

It's been an odd few days ... I find myself trying to avoid reading newspapers and if not avoiding, then I stop myself from writing news of what I find there.

Der Spiegel comes into my inbox daily, as do Poynter Online articles and reading the bad news and idiocy of those in power has become exhausting.

Today I started to write up the article about the German Turk held in one of the 21st concentration camps but why would I do that ... why would I continue to write up the story of a man who was abandoned by 2, possibly 3 governments ... why would I write a challenge to those who rule countries.

It's tiring, they don't listen ... they don't change.

2 comments:

Di Mackey said...

I suspect you're right. I'm off to photograph two Russian children's choirs tonight as a volunteer photographer ... perhaps it will be a cure for news from the world.

Anonymous said...

I'm one of those people who once marched for 'world peace', convinced that through a collective effort we could change the world. Today, millions of innocent people worldwide are still dying - world peace will always be an utopian dream.

Personally, I support medical aid organizations through donations, while trying to focus on the small but often very meaningful support I can offer locally.