Saturday, December 23, 2006

Merry Christmas !!!

Forgive me for not replying to comments for now ... I´m reading and smiling then releasing them but that´s all I have time for in these days ... snatched moments at the internet cafe as Erin´s connection is down for the duration ... and who has time to blog anyway ;)

Erin´s Spain is a truly incredible place.

Yesterday we drove 60 kilometres to Toro where we wandered, tasted wine and ate a lunch that left us no desire for more food until breakfast this morning.

Today we drove 75kms to a small mountain village in the Sierrra ... a stunning ancient village whose name escapes me for now, and even if I did remember it, my spelling would make ´place´a wild guess for any reader.

We were shown around the pueblo, located above 1000metres, fed a lunch that, once again won´t see us needing to eat until the morning.

Tradition is alive and well up in La Alberca (yes, I leaned over and harassed Erin for location and spelling).

But enough, photographs to follow when we are home again.
Words won´t capture a quarter of what we are seeing.

All the best to everyone reading here ... have the happiest Christmas with family and friends, be safe, be happy.

All the best
Di

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas dear! And a merry Christmas to Gert as well. If you're planning on spending New Year in Spain, don't forget the 'uvas', I'm sure your lovely guide will explain why :D.

P.S. I am well aware that I have knowledge about some of your painful 'experiences' and I'm not afraid to remind you of that :P.

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're having a real Christmas treat! I'm so glad - you deserve it, Di. Enjoy every moment of beautiful Spain. xo

Anonymous said...

The web is indeed quiet for the holiday. Let me noise it up a little.

Merry Christmas O'Thee in Spain-land! Haveth a goodeth vacation, a safe trip-eth back, no sunburns, many souvenirs, and a healthy, peaceful and prosperous New Year! :D

Anil P said...

Run along, there is little time anyways :)

Haddock said...

Have a Merry Xmas and a very Happy New year! :)

christina said...

Merry Christmas! And come back soon. It's boring without you. :-)

Di Mackey said...

Lol, 'Mr Di' did chuckle when I read your comment aloud v-grrrl. Thanks for your Christmas wishes, they worked.

A belated Merry Christmas back to you manic, and it's new year in Belgie. Hmmm didn't ask about 'uvas' as I was in the internet cafe blogging and would forget all as I walked back through Salamanca's beautiful streets to get 'home'.

And as for the flu that coincided with the party wine ... in Spain the wine is so much a part of the natural and everyday that there is no risk of over indulgence ;) Monster.

Gracias Tara and I adored Spain. And I imagined you had a wonderful Christmas with your family in Paris xo

Lol Lisa ... your noise did make me smile. Your wishes came true ... a million photographs to sort today.

Ahhh Anil, 'run along' I did ... and had the loveliest time with my time.

I hope your Christmas was Merry, Haddock and wishing you all the best for the New Year.

Oh Christina, there is no 'maybe' about Spain and Sal ... we MUST go and spend time with the two beautiful creatures whose names begin with an S.

Thanks for missing me, it did make me smile as I sit here typing with my cold that seems to be exploring my chest for rental accomodation. I think I might just climb back into bed for a while on this first day back in the grey country.